Take one Canadian girl in les Alpes.
Add the ups & downs of living in France.
Cover with melted cheese...
Et voilà !

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

E & me {laundry}

It's washing day on E & me!

While Erin's busy hanging up cute little boys' dinosaur-themed shorts,
these days I'm often putting swimsuits & beach towels out to dry
after dips in the lake to try & beat this heat.

One good thing about this très chaud weather?
Things dry incredibly rapidement on our southern-facing balcony.
Even if I have to wait until the slightly-cooler time of 11 p.m. 
to handle going out there to take the laundry down!

I should stop complaining, though.
Because when winter comes, I'll surely miss the days
when I could put the drying rack out on the balcony 
instead of in the middle of the apartment
while everything takes a few days to dry.

France: rich in culture, cheese, castles...
but clothes dryers?
 Nope.

2 comments:

  1. Cannot believe you have no dryer, I could simply not live without mine!

    Love the look of washing drying on the line like Erin's though.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss having a dryer. It takes too long to do the laundry. I am tempted to dish out 500 euros for a dryer this winter even though hanging up clothes to dry is better for the environment.
    The one thing I REALLY REALLY miss is garbage disposals. Ah the convenience! Ana

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...